We’re excited to launch support for WalletConnect to enable easy and safe access to your favorite decentralized applications.
- Ethereum: Uniswap, Curve, Aave, Pool Together, Sushi, Yearn
- Celo: Pool Together, Ubeswap, Sushi
- Avalanche C Chain: Pangolin Exchange, Trader Joe, Sushi
- Fantom: Sushi, Curve
Not many applications support WalletConnect V2 just yet however as they roll out you will be able to continue to use Steakwallet without interruption. 🙌
What is WalletConnect?
WalletConnect is an open source protocol for connecting decentralized applications to mobile wallets through QR code scanning or deep linking. A user can interact securely with any dApp from their mobile phone, making WalletConnect wallets a safer choice compared to desktop or browser extension wallets. WalletConnect is an important part of the DeFi ecosystem and to date has received more than $94,000 in Gitcoin grants.
How to use WalletConnect with Steakwallet
- To use Steakwallet with WalletConnect simply navigate to your decentralised application of choice (🍣 anyone?) and click Connect or Connect Wallet. If WalletConnect is supported, there will be an option to select that, some dApps will also present a Steakwallet option.
- Once selecting the WalletConnect option, a QR code pops up that you can scan with your Steakwallet. Select the QR code in your Steakwallet or go to the settings, select Connected Applications and click on Connect another app.
- After scanning the QR code you need to authorize the dApp. Click on "Confirm" if you want to connect or click the "Reject" button if you have changed your mind. While WalletConnect is secure as you never expose your private key to dApps, you should still make sure to trust the dApp you are connecting to your Steakwallet.
- When you want to make a transaction from your Desktop, you will get a confirmation prompt in the UI that you will be able to accept or reject from within Steakwallet. As with most other transactions you'll need to pay network fees (gas) when transacting with a dApp. On a mobile application, you should be redirected to Steakwallet each time you wish to approve or deny a transaction.
WalletConnect V1 was never specifically intended for multi-chain support, however it should work across any EVM compatible dApp, you just need to choose the network from within Steakwallet. For example Sushi supports many different blockchains including Ethereum, Celo, Fantom, Binance Smart Chain, Avalanche C Chain, Harmoney One, etc.
If you connect Steakwallet and are alerted that you've chosen the wrong network, then from within Steakwallet you can navigate to the Connected Applications page in the Settings and switch to the network you wish to use.
You can learn more on the technical side of WalletConnect here: https://docs.walletconnect.org/
Let us know if you'd like to see any improvements. We always appreciate feedback in our Discord.
THIS WEB PAGE (INCLUDING THE ARTICLE CONTAINED HEREIN), IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT CONSTRUE ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL CONTAINED ON THIS WEB PAGE AS LEGAL, TAX, INVESTMENT, FINANCIAL, OR OTHER ADVICE. THIS WEB PAGE AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT A RECOMMENDATION OR ENDORSEMENT OF ANY DIGITAL ASSET, PROTOCOL, NETWORK, OR PROJECT. HOWEVER, STEAKWALLET (INCLUDING ITS AFFILIATES AND/OR EMPLOYEES) MAY HAVE, OR MAY IN THE FUTURE HAVE, A SIGNIFICANT FINANCIAL INTEREST IN, AND MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION FOR SERVICES RELATED TO, ONE OR MORE OF THE DIGITAL ASSETS, PROTOCOLS, NETWORKS, ENTITIES, PROJECTS, AND/OR VENTURES DISCUSSED HEREIN.
THE RISK OF LOSS IN CRYPTOCURRENCY, INCLUDING STAKING, CAN BE SUBSTANTIAL AND NOTHING HEREIN IS INTENDED TO BE A GUARANTEE AGAINST THE POSSIBILITY OF LOSS. THIS WEB PAGE AND THE CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN ARE BASED ON INFORMATION WHICH IS BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE AND HAS BEEN OBTAINED FROM SOURCES BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE, BUT STEAKWALLET MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE FAIRNESS, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, REASONABLENESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF SUCH INFORMATION. STEAKWALLET CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE, IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER, FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR LINKED FROM THIS WEB PAGE. DO NOT RELY UPON ANY INFORMATION FOUND ON BLOG. STEAKWALLET.FI OR SUPPORT.STEAKWALLET.FI WITHOUT INDEPENDENT VERIFICATION.